Date of Notification – September 11, 2013
Name: John David LASHBROOK
Convicted of: sexual assault.
Nature of Risk: Female children and adults are at risk.
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE MEASURES TO PROTECT THEMSELVES. ANY FORM OF VIGILANTE ACTIVITY OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT MR. LASHBROOK WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Appearance may have changed since photo was taken
The Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit (MIHRSOU) is a joint forces unit of the Winnipeg Police Service and the RCMP. MIHRSOU today provides information regarding John David LASHBROOK, 56 years of age, a convicted sex offender who is considered at high risk to re-offend in a sexual manner against female children and adult females.
LASHBROOK was released from a federal institution in Alberta in July 2011 after serving a five year sentence (three year prison sentence in addition to two years pre-sentence custody) for sexual assault. When LASHBROOK was sentenced on July 17, 2008, he was designated a Long Term Offender. Since being released, LASHBROOK has been subject to a ten year Long Term Supervision Order. He has been residing at a designated federal facility subject to the supervision of the Calgary Parole Enhanced Supervision Unit. Due to extenuating circumstances relating to flooding in Calgary, LASHBROOK has been transferred to a federal facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He will remain subject to the Long Term Supervision Order until July 14, 2021.
John David LASHBROOK, born January 7, 1957, is 5’1” (157 cm), weighs 89 kg (196 lbs), has brown hair, hazel eyes and is Caucasian with no distinguishing marks.
LASHBROOK has a lengthy history of sexual offences. Although he has participated in some treatment programming in the past, LASHBROOK is still considered high risk to re-offend in a sexual manner. Female children and adult females are at risk.
This information is provided to enable members of the public to take suitable measures to protect themselves. Any form of vigilante activity or other unreasonable conduct directed at Mr. LASHBROOK will not be tolerated.
If you have any information regarding LASHBROOK, and wish to speak directly to a police officer, please call the Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit (MIHRSOU) AT (204) 984-1888 or contact Winnipeg Police Service at (204) 986-2222, your local RCMP Detachment, or Manitoba Crime Stoppers at (204) 786-8477 or toll free at 1-800-222-8477.
John David LASHBROOK is a 56 year-old male with a lengthy criminal record for sexual assaults and failure to comply with probation orders.
LASHBROOK’S most recent sexual assault occurred on March 28, 2005 when he sexually assaulted an adult female known to him. He was convicted on July 17, 2008 and received a five year sentence (three year prison sentence in addition to two years pre-sentence custody) and designated a Long Term Offender. LASHBROOK was held to Warrant Expiry on this conviction until July 14, 2011. That is, he was not granted any form of parole. Upon release, LASHBROOK will remain subject to a ten year Long Term Supervision Order, until July 14, 2021, which includes the following conditions:
- Not to be in the presence of any children under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult who knows LASHBROOK’S criminal history and has been previously approved in writing by his parole supervisor;
- Not to attend any school (elementary, junior high or high school) private or post-secondary education facility, public parks, public swimming areas, day care centres, school grounds, play grounds, community centres, or any place where persons under the age of 18 years can reasonably be expected to be present or to congregate;
- Not to own, use or possess a computer or any technological device, that would allow unsupervised access to the internet;
- Not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material in any form or type of media;
- Report all female relationships to his parole supervisor;
- Attend psychological assessments and counselling as directed;
- Attend psychiatric assessments and counselling as directed;
Previous sexual offence convictions include a 1982 indecent assault on a five-year-old girl playing in a park, 1983 sexual assault on a seven-year-old girl sleeping in her home, 1992 sexual assaults on five girls ages seven to eight-years-old as he babysat the victims, a 1996 sexual assault against an adult female and three breaches of probation related to the sexual assaults.
LASHBROOK has participated in some sex offender treatment programs, however, he is still considered high risk to re-offend sexually. Female children and adult females are at risk.