Public Interest Notification – High Risk Sex Offender
2012-06-04 11:33 PDT
The Penticton RCMP has issued a public interest warning under the Privacy Act of Canada regarding a dangerous sex offender who poses a high risk to re-offend.
Don Michel BAKKER was released from prison on May 31, 2012 in the Lower Mainland but has recently relocated to Penticton.
- 48 years old
- Height 5’6″
- Weight 155 lbs
- Brown Eyes Brown Hair (currently shaved)
In 2005, BAKKER received a global 10 year sentence after being convicted of two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm, sexual assault and seven counts of invitation to sexual touching.
BAKKER has been deemed a high risk to re-offend sexually and poses a risk to the safety of female children under the age of 18 years old and to female sex trade workers.
BAKKER is currently subject to court ordered conditions including:
- You shall have no contact with anyone under the age of 18.
- You shall not attend a public park or public swimming area where persons under the age of 18 years are present or can reasonably be expected to be present, or a daycare center, school ground, playground, camping ground, trailer park or area where children under the age of 18 years are known to congregate.
- You shall not be in any contact with any sex trade workers.
- You are not to have any pornography or pornographic material in your possession or in your residence.
- You shall not own, possess or access any personal computer or electronic devices inclusive of a cellular phone capable of accessing the internet.
- You shall not possess any cameras, video cameras or devices capable of capturing visual images or audio recordings.
- You are not to possess any weapons.
- You shall not possess any tool or device that can be used for the purposes of restraint including duct tape, straps, rope or wire unless specifically required for on-site employment.
- You shall not be outside your residence between the hours of 11:00 pm and 6:00 am daily except for the purposes of employment and with the prior written permission from the Bail Supervisor
Should anyone note any suspicious behaviour including, but not limited to a breach of the above conditions, please contact the Penticton RCMP Detachment at 250-492-4300.
Please direct media inquiries to:
Sgt. Rick DELLEBUUR
Media Relations Officer